Saturday, December 15, 2012

I am a Land Girl


This months edition of LIVING FRANCE has coined a phrase that I rather like - Land Girl!  This is the title of a 6 page full colour article on myself (incroyable mais vrai) and my new career as a wine maker here in the tiny village of Tuchan.  For the full article click here.

I actually had no idea what a Land Girl was until I googled it and found out that it describes women who worked the land during the war whilst their husbands were away.


And I know how they felt - not that my husband is away at war - but the satisfaction of driving a tractor for the first time, the feeling of doing good physical hard labour outside in the fresh air and that naughty feeling of doing something that you shouldn't really be doing.






But what I love most is how it was advertised as the "Healthy, Happy Job" - an inspiration for when I am out in the vineyards in gale force winds with sub zero temperatures, cold feet, cold hands and a dripping nose!