Wednesday, March 16, 2011

UK wine tour - stage 1

As the storm clouds gather here in Paziols, it gives me chance to have a rest after the first leg of my Jones UK tour.  It was only a short leg as due to events in Paziols (and more on that later) I decided to come back earlier rather than later.  But it did really bring it home to me how interested people are in wine firstly but also in my struggle to set up a wine cellar and make my own wine down here in a very male dominated and Cooperative led mentality.  So a very big merci to everyone who came to listen and especially my wonderful parents for making it happen.

My home town of Ashby de la Zouch was the first to hear the story.

Enjoying a glass of Jones in Ashby de la Zouch after the Katie story
And then it was of to The Burton Wine Society which is a very dynamic club but I was a little bemused that everyone arrived with bottles of wine. Not only that but they opened them up and started serving generous measures to accompany plates of crisps and cheese crackers. Slightly worried that I may be in the wrong place, Pam, the Chairperson, explained that most of the members made their own wine.  Sort of relieved, I launched into my presentation and never have a crowd been so receptive and enthusiastic.  I really enjoyed the evening and hope to see the Club down here at Domaine Jones very soon.
Getting the homemade wine out 
Lovely bottle for this lady's homemade wine

Nervously getting ready in Burton
Cheers to the question master!

Next stop Cardiff Mystere Wine Club on the 4th May