Friday, January 26, 2018

Oven baked Pork with vineyard herbs

I am absolutely loving the Mediterranean diet - it's not really a diet but a new way of eating and the recipes are really easy and quick. My favourite meal this week was oven baked pork with herbs that I could just go and pick from my vineyard.

Wild rosemary at Falandrin vineyard

My recipes will give you the general idea of what I did.  This was enough for 2

Handful of fresh rosemary

Handful of fresh thyme

Handful of fresh parsley

1/2 garlic bulb

Tablespoon of dijon mustard

Dash of olive oil

Salt and pepper

2 pork chops

Whizz it all round in the blender (except the meat) to try and get a smooth paste - mine wasn't very smooth and it doesn't' really matter.

Spread it on the pork chop and bake in the oven at 180° until the pork is cooked through (about 25 minutes depending on the thickness of the pork).

At the same time I added some halved cherry tomatoes to the baking tray sprinkled with salt and crushed garlic .

Bon appétit!