Friday, January 19, 2018

New Year Resolutions 2018



This is the week that most people give up their New Year Resolutions so I thought it would be a good time to actually make mine.

I only have one.

I have been in a complete quandary for the last couple of months trying to decide which diet to follow to feel healthier and to shed a few kilos.  All this time it has been staring me in the face - the Mediterranean diet.  As I live more or less on the Mediterranean I don't know why I haven't thought about this before.  I have tried other styles of cooking where it has been almost impossible to source the ingredients but surely I have everything I need for the Mediterranean diet on my doorstep?  I only need to step out of my front door to find wild rosemary and thyme growing in profusion.

And you can drink wine (in moderation).  As my wines are definitely from traditional grape varieties of the Mediterranean they will fit in perfectly with my good intention.

So far we have had fresh mackerel off the bbq with Les Perles de Jones Carignan Gris 2016 and Domaine Jones Grenache 2014 with stuffed peppers.  Both pretty delicious combinations.  I did try to capture the moment on photo but food photography is definitely not my forté.

So in 2018 I will be waving au revoir to desserts, butter and red meats and saying bonjour to fruit, olive oil and fish.  Doesn't sound too bad to me!

Bon appétit !!!